Leadership via arts- based learning – How it works
Education is not just about going to school, it’s defined as being “an enlightening experience”. Our approach provides students of all ages spaces where they can explore, create, innovate, fail, collaborate and become a life-long learner. We include opportunities for our students to gain skills and character development in areas they may not normally consider. Cultivating self- reflection, awareness and a sense of personal responsibility was the focus of the “Superhero in me” project from our LEAD after school program featured in this video. Watch and see how this project brought out the best in these students and helped them become more aware of what is important to them, and how they can BE the hero they created.
Using art and play for:
- Engaged and curious learning
- Cultivating creative and collaborative projects
- Developing critical thinking and problem solving
- Expanding a local mindset to a global mindset
- Leading oneself to leading others in good character and behavior
- Setting the youth up for success as they are better equip and prepared to work in international environments.
Stitching Reckoning is:
- ANBI status Stichting
- Active in Amsterdam
- Present in South Africa
- Excited to partner with others
- Comprised of the most committed and awesome volunteers you will ever meet
- Always looking for new interns, volunteers, partners and funders