More about Reckoning
The definition of "an education" is referred to as "an enlightening experience" which means that it is more than staying in a building and follow a curriculum. It's about how a child is preparing for a life of discovery, entrepreneurship and collaborate with others. Learning never stops.
Reckoning uses art and play to :
- encourage involvement and curiosity
- work collaboratively on creative projects
- develop critical thinking and problem solving skills
- look beyond their own group consciousness of the world as a whole
- cultivate personal leadership with exemplary conduct
- lay a foundation for success in later life, prepared to work in an international environment
Stitching Reckoning is:
- ANBI status Stichting
- Active in Amsterdam
- Present in South Africa
- Excited to partner with others
- Comprised of the most committed and awesome volunteers you will ever meet
- Always looking for new interns, volunteers, partners and funders
Stichting Reckoning staat bij de Belastingdienst geregistreerd als algemeen nut beogende instelling (ANBI).
Bestuurssamenstelling en beloningsbeleid:
Het bestuur van Reckoning:
- Jane Hanna (secretaris)
- Menno Gort (penningmeester)
- Rogier Bos (voorzitter)
- Shawna Snow (founder & directeur, plaatsvervangend voorzitter)
There are no salaried positions in the Stichting. Anyone who works in a professional manner, in accordance with budget approval can invoice to the Stichting for compensation. The hourly wage charged is based on industry standard, reduced by at least 40%.
The aim of Reckoning: Reckoning exists so that children (4-18) in marginalized communities can become local/global leaders. This aim is reached through its initiatives LEAD, InSite and ELA's and the unique training approach Reckoning has developed called, the Reckoning Approach, which combines art-making, leadership development and character education. The end result is seeing expanded proficiency in essential social skills and thier capacity to be leaders in their communities and in school.
Voor de periode 2013-2016 is een beleidsplan opgesteld, wat u hier kunt downloaden
Verslag van uitgeoefende activiteiten en financiële verantwoording
Sinds 2012 publiceert Stichting Reckoning de jaarverslagen op de website. U kunt ze hier downloaden: